Have you ever felt the bass while watching an action movie scene in a theatre? If yes, then you must know that the bass you feel is because of the subwoofers.
A subwoofer is a speaker that emits lower frequencies and makes you feel the bass of different sound effects.
Bass can change the experience of listening to heavy music completely, and for that, subwoofers are highly important.
There are several companies offering subwoofers in different price ranges, but if you want to choose the best 8 inch subwoofer, then you must consider the following factors.
Component or non-component
- One of the most important factors to consider while choosing a subwoofer is whether it is a non-component or component.
- There are numerous parts of a subwoofer, and in component subwoofers, these parts are available separately, whereas, in component ones, everything is put together.
- If you want to make some custom changes to your music system, then you must go for the component subwoofers as it allows you to include and exclude parts according to your needs and requirements.
- If you want to put the least effort installation and customization, then a non-component subwoofer is a great option.
Type of enclosure
- The type of enclosure of the subwoofer can affect your choice as it affects the sound quality and bass to a great extent.
- If you love high volume in music, then you must choose a subwoofer that has bandpass and ported enclosures.
- If you prefer deep frequencies, then you must choose a subwoofer that has sealed boxes.
Number of voice coils
- If you are buying a subwoofer, then you must check the number of voice coils it is having.
- There two common types of voice coils used in subwoofers; single voice coils and dual voice coils.
- Dual voice coils are much better than single ones as they offer a great level of customization.