Are you having dental decays and looking for a treatment? Well, Porcelain inlays/onlays filling when done properly, will eliminate your dental problems. However, it’s important you select the right dentist.
While picking a dentist, a little research can get you fruitful results. Ask your friends or family to recommend some trusted names or you can also take help of internet. Writing “best cosmetic dentist near me” in Google will help you making a list of reasonable options nearer to you.
What is porcelain Inlays/Onlays?
As mentioned, they’re filling used to fill the cavities. Anyone who’s afraid of having the metal fittings must consider the porcelain fittings. They’re replacing metal amalgamations. They’re fitted to a cavity on the tooth, to give a perfect white finishing.
Inlays Vs Onlays
The only difference is of the size. Inlay is smaller as compared to outlays and fills in the space between the tooth cusps. Onlays are larger in size. They extend the cusps to the outside surface of the tooth.
Benefits of inlay and onlay
- Unlike metal fittings, they match perfectly with the natural colour of your tooth. You won’t be able to distinguish between the original tooth and the fillings.
- It is very easy to bond them with the tooth. You just need to cement it. This also prevents the bacteria from spreading.
- It preserves the structures of the tooth and also strengthens it.
- It can get you rid of the tooth sensitivity.
- They’ll give the real effect to your teeth.
Not least of all, it prevents your teeth from damaging. They’re the wonderful solution to eliminate extensive treatments like dental crowns, dental implants.